Seminary Hall at Northeastern State University
The original Cherokee Female Seminary in Park Hill, the first higher learning institution for women west of the Mississippi, burned in 1887. Shortly after the fire, Seminary Hall was reconstructed in Tahlequah in 1889.
The seminary continued until the State of Oklahoma purchased the building in 1909. Today, Seminary Hall remains the signature building on the Northeastern State University campus.